I recently heard from a business owner who said that she watched TV for just an hour and it left her very scared of the state of the economy and how it was going to affect her business. My first recommendation was to turn off the TV and concentrate on her business and her customers instead.
But then I started thinking - what could she have in that one hour instead of watching the news that would have helped her with her business? Here are 10 things that take just 1 hour to do and that help you market your business:
1. Write an article that you can submit to article directories to market your business.
2. Spend an hour on Twitter networking and getting to know your followers.
3. Review your web site statistics to learn how your web site visitors are using your site.
4. Write a blog post.
5. Approve and welcome new Facebook friends.
6. Listen to a marketing teleseminar or audio recording. Here is one marketing audio recording for you to listen to: 5 Keys For Creating Your Online Marketing Plan Audio Recording.
7. Submit an existing article to article directories. You can submit it to 10-15 directories in an hour.
8. Reply to your e-mail.
9. Review one of your sales letter to improve conversions.
10. Do keyword research and find good keywords to use on your web site, so that you can get more search engine traffic.
So here are my 10 things you can do in just 1 hour to promote your business. I am sure there are many more - what are the things you recommend doing to promote a business that will only take 1 hour?