I have heard it many times. Many coaches who have been in business for a year or two have told me that even though they are in business, they are not actively marketing it.
When I ask why not, it always seems like they are waiting for something before they can start marketing:
- Waiting to get yet another professional certificate
- Waiting for their web designer to re-design they web site for the tenth time
- Waiting to finish reading a marketing book they purchased
- Waiting to start on the 1st of the month
- Waiting to …
These people have been waiting for over a year to start marketing their businesses. Since they haven’t marketed their business yet, they do not have many clients and they are not able to support themselves with their business revenue.
Waiting for something to happen before you start marketing actually sabotages you and your business. If you are waiting for something to happen before you can start marketing I have a challenge for you — go ahead and get started. No more excuses of not having enough certificates or not having finished your web site re-design. The faster you start marketing your business, the faster you will build a successful business where you have as many clients as you need and where you work at times that are convenient for you.
Here is a plan for you to get started with marketing today:
- Do a comprehensive marketing review of what you have already accomplished. Do you already have a newsletter? Have you done some search engine optimization? Have you already written effective web site copy?
Don’t re-invent the bicycle. Make sure that you put to good use all the marketing materials you have already created. Doing this will save you time going forward.
- Create a marketing plan for your business. Based on what you have discovered during your marketing review, create a plan for going forward with your marketing. If you haven’t done that much in terms of marketing yet, I recommend concentrating on three marketing areas in the beginning: create an effective web site that sells your products and services, get more newsletter subscribers and write and publish articles online.
If you have already done some marketing, your plan may include more advanced techniques.
- Make a commitment to marketing. Marketing is not a one-time action; it is a process that you need to participate in every single day in order to see results. This is why I am asking you to make a commitment to following your marketing plan and promoting your business.
Once you put some time into marketing your business, you will start seeing results.
Stop waiting for something to happen before you start marketing. Create your marketing plan and start marketing today — doing this will make your business more successful and will help you earn more money. Learn how to create a marketing plan for your business in the How To Get More Clients Online Home Study Guide