For a few years now, I have been hearing from lots of people, who have been telling me that squeeze pages are about to stop working. No one likes them anymore, and they are about to stop working.
Thing is, squeeze pages are still extremely effective, and they work for bringing more newsletter subscribers to your list. Here is why:
Squeeze Pages Are Extremely Effective
Squeeze pages are extremely effective because of what they are. Squeeze pages only give you one option, one offer to register for. And because of this one option only rule they are very effective.
When you give your web site visitors many different options for what they can do on your web site, they get confused and they leave your web site. This is exactly opposite of what you want them to do, right? You want them to stay on your web site for some time, and share their email address with you, so that you can keep in touch with them and build relationships with them. This is why regular web pages don’t work that well for getting newsletter subscribers.
So what should you do so that your web site visitors don’t leave your web site before they subscribe to your newsletter? You give your web site visitors just one option. With just one option your web site visitors are much more likely to subscribe to your newsletter. And this is exactly what squeeze pages do - they give a web site visitor just one option for doing something.
Squeeze Pages Are Easy To Create
Because squeeze pages only need to include text and a subscription box, they don’t require extensive design.
In fact, you should not include interesting web site design elements in your squeeze page, because these elements will take your web site visitors’ attention from subscribing to your newsletter, exactly what you DO NOT want to do.
For an even easier way to create your own squeeze pages you can get the Effective Squeeze Pages Quick Start Guide.
Squeeze Pages Are Very Versatile
There are lots of things that you can promote with squeeze pages:
- Free Teelseminar. Are you teaching a free teleseminar? A squeeze page will be great for inviting people in your target market register for your free teleseminar.
- Social Networking Landing Pages. Don’t send people from Twitter and Facebook to the main page of your web site, as this will not get you results. Instead, send them to a squeeze page and you will immediately see more results from your social networking efforts!
- Newsletter Subscription Pages. Need more newsletter subscribers? Use a squeeze page for your subscription page and you will convert more of your web site visitors into subscribers.
- Free Reports. Are you giving away free reports to new newsletter subscribers? Use a squeeze page to give them away to get better results.
- Article Marketing Landing Pages. If you want to see results from article marketing, then you must use squeeze pages. With squeeze pages you are going to convert more of your article readers into newsletter subscribers.
As you can see, squeeze pages are very versatile and there are lots of places where you can use them to get better results from your marketing efforts. If you are not getting the results that you are looking for from your marketing efforts, check to make sure that you are directing your traffic from those marketing efforts to a squeeze page.